The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 494) will replace the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) on 16 November 2019. Once granted, the Subclass 494 Visa will have a pathway to permanent residency after the applicant has worked and resided in regional Australia for 3 years. In total, 9,000 spots will be allocated to the program every year.
What are the requirements from the sponsoring company?
- your employer must be located in a designated regional area of Australia (excludes employers in Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth and Melbourne).
- your employer will need approval from the Regional Certifying Body which is the government authority designated for your location of proposed employment.
- your proposed position title will need to be on the relevant occupation list.
- the position on offer must be full-time, offering a salary at market rates and likely to be available for five years.
What are the requirements for the candidate?
- obtain a successful skills assessment for your proposed occupation
- have at least three years of full time and relevant skilled work experience
- be under 45 years of age
- demonstrate Competent English which is equivalent to at least 6 for each of the 4 test components.
What are the requirements for pathway to Permanent Residency?
You can access permanent residence through the Subclass 191 visa when the following is met:
- have worked in the designated regional area for at least three years, whilst holding a 494 visa.
- show earnings of at least $53,900 annually for three years